Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Think On These Things

"Think on These Things"

I made this journal for myself to remind me of the importance of keeping my thoughts focused on Godly things. I have a tendency to fall into negative self-talk, and if I'm not careful, the negative self-talk will take root & start to overshadow the Godly thoughts. That's when I start to slide onto depression & apathy - two places that I find it unbelievably difficult to recover from.

The time I spend in God's Word gives me an infinite number of true, honest, just, pure, lovely, virtuous, praise-worthy and good things to fill my thoughts with. These thoughts will always chase away the negative self-talk for me.

So how about you? Are you hurting yourself with your self-talk? Are the tapes that play over and over in your thoughts negatively effecting the way you spend your days?

If so, try overcoming the negative with the Godly & think on these things instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment